The unofficial home of "Neil and the Rushmore Four"!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Current Weather & Forecast (plan your gameday!)

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"Frank Howard Day" at Pearson's Liquor, this Saturday

Loathe as I am to promote one of my competitors, this is actually a pretty cool event.

Washington Senators legend Frank Howard will be at Pearson's Liquor this Saturday, August 4th, from 12:00-3:00 to sign specially-dipped bottles of Maker's Mark Bourbon which will sport the Washington Nationals colors. Visit their website and R.S.V.P., as space is limited.

If I weren't working at that time, I'd go in a heartbeat. Maybe I'll ask for the time off. I've met Frank once before, a few years ago, in a liquor store in Maryland. He was working for the Jim Beam people then. He told those of us who were in the store that he went where Dallas Green went so, for example, if Dallas Green was managing the Mets, then Frank went to the Mets to be a hitting instructor.

Take some time to visit with a baseball legend and Senator's icon! "Hondo" will be glad to see you.

No comments:

Song of the moment - Celebrating the longest homestand of the season

Survey of the Moment