The unofficial home of "Neil and the Rushmore Four"!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Current Weather & Forecast (plan your gameday!)

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Nats pound Pelfrey but fall 8-4 OR Broken brooms, no sweep

Well, so much for a Mets sweep. This one wasn't as close as the previous two nights. Starter Matt Chico didn't have as good an outing as he would have liked, and the Nats fell to the Mets 8-4.

It was a close game, with the Nats grabbing the lead back in the 2nd, but the wheels came off in the 7th. Despite 3 Mets errors (1 for the Nats), the Nats couldn't rally this time.

Ryan Report: Zimmerman went 2 for 5 with an R.B.I. That's the highlight of the Ryan Report.

Box score here.

Being my day off, I was able to get to the ballpark early, the last such weekday game at R.F.K. that I would, as it turns out. Saw all of my friends, had my brisket sandwich and beer. It was a nice night to be at the park, 74 degrees. I still managed to have a good time, despite the loss.

No comments:

Song of the moment - Celebrating the longest homestand of the season

Survey of the Moment