The unofficial home of "Neil and the Rushmore Four"!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Current Weather & Forecast (plan your gameday!)

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Braves rout Nats 13-0, complete sweep OR Run over in Georgia

Did anyone get the plate number on that truck? All I remember is, it had Georgia tags and it was carrying brooms.

What the heck WAS that? Since when did the Atlanta Braves become the Detroit Tigers?
At least the Nats got a run against the Tigers, last night they got nothing.

Until last night, I thought a NAT router was what I had on my computer network, not an Atlanta Brave.

I'd been looking forward to that matchup for days: Micah Bowie vs. John Smoltz. Bowie, who was 5-0 as a starter against John Smoltz, who the Nats had already beaten twice this season. I wasn't expecting a win by any means, but I was at least expecting a better game - I sure as heck wasn't expecting THAT.

Starter Micah Bowie got rocked for 6 runs on 9 hits in his 3.1 innings of work. He threw 56% strikes (44 out of 79 pitches) but had no answers for the Braves batters. The bullpen didn't fare any better, as Luis Ayala, Billy Traber, Saul Rivera and Jon Rauch gave up a combined 13 hits for 7 runs, with Traber taking the worst of it in his 2 innings.

Ryan Report: Not pretty. Church went 2 for 4 with a double, Zimmerman went 0 for 3, Langerhans went 0 for 4, and Austin Ryan Kearns went 1 for 2.

Robert Fick, Felipe Lopez and Nook Logan each got a hit, and Ronnie Belliard got 2 hits.

Okay, THIS is the worst shellacking I can ever recall the Nats taking. If I'm wrong, please tell me. The Nats looked absolutely flat and lifeless to me, but the Braves picked these three games to come alive again after their recent non-hitting slump. If any team needs a day-off to recover, then they certainly do.

I hear music coming from Jim Bowden's office, and it sounds like "A change is gonna come".

No comments:

Song of the moment - Celebrating the longest homestand of the season

Survey of the Moment