The unofficial home of "Neil and the Rushmore Four"!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Current Weather & Forecast (plan your gameday!)

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Nats survive "wild" Pirate attack 6-5 OR No rum, just runs

This was a fun game for a while, then it just got scary.

The Nats were cruising along with a 2-1 lead, then a 5-1 lead going into the 8th, when all of a sudden, there was a Pirate attack that tied the game up, 5-5.

The game ended on a gloriously anti-climactic note. Ryan Church at the plate, bases loaded, I can't remember how many outs (2, I think) and he got a wild pitch which scored Cristian Guzman. A walk-off wild pitch. How hilarious is that?

Micah Bowie did his best on the mound for the Nats and I think that was enough. I was pleased with his performance.

Ryan Report: Church 0 for 4, Zimmerman 1 for 4 and walked once, Langerhans not in the lineup and Austin Ryan Kearns 1 for 3 with 2 walks and an RBI.

Can't say as much about this game as I would like to. I had to go right from the game back to work and was there until almost 1:00 a.m. and had to come right into work early today.

The weather was ideal, that's for sure. Checked in with my usual "peeps", ate the usual, enjoyed the on-field action. Fun game.

No comments:

Song of the moment - Celebrating the longest homestand of the season

Survey of the Moment