The unofficial home of "Neil and the Rushmore Four"!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Current Weather & Forecast (plan your gameday!)

Friday, August 24, 2007

Nats can't outlast Astros, fall 3-2 OR Houston a problem for D.C.

The Washington Nationals lost this 3rd game of the Houston Astros series 3-2, and it wasn't the most engaging of contests.

I fell asleep. Didn't know who won until the next morning.

Starter Mike Bacsik was out-dueled by Houston's Woody Williams. Williams, who just turned 41 at the beginning of the week, struck out 8 in his 6 1/3 innings, and only allowed 2 runs on 8 hits(one of them a homer off of Austin Kearns) and 2 walks. I usually don't write this much about an opposing pitcher, but I'm less than a year older than Williams is, so it serves to fuel my Walter Mitty-esque dreams of suddenly becoming the next Roy Hobbs. Bacsik, on the other hand, allowed 3 runs on 3 hits (as with Williams, one of them a homer), struck out 4 and walked 1 in his 6 innings.

Ryan Report: Church and Zimmerman each got one hit. Hooray.

Not much to really say about this game, and since I missed most of it, I won't. Just as well. I hate blogging about the road losses.

Box score HERE for the morbidly curious.

No comments:

Song of the moment - Celebrating the longest homestand of the season

Survey of the Moment