The unofficial home of "Neil and the Rushmore Four"!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Current Weather & Forecast (plan your gameday!)

Monday, April 16, 2007

100.2 and "flu-like symptoms"

I wasn't feeling 100% yesterday, but I thought it was just allergies. Took my temperature before bed last night: 98.6. This morning? 100.2, and I have a cough.

When you work in retail, you try to take steps to ensure that you don't get sick, because you're seeing a lot of different people and handling cash (which gets my vote for "filthiest item that most of us handle on a daily basis"). To make matters worse, I'm in a doctor's building, so a lot of the customers I see aren't feeling 100% themselves. So, I wash my hands more often (but not to the point of obsessive-compulsive disorder) and I make the best of it, but every so often, I know that I'm going to get sick, no matter what I do. Fortunately, it doesn't happen to me but maybe once or twice per year.

So, this means I'm going to miss my second home game tonight, which might be just as well, assuming that the game will even be played, because the weather is completely lousy. 60 mph winds, and it isn't going to get over about 48 degrees, so by game time it will be really cold again.

Wish me luck. I don't want to miss another one because of this.

No comments:

Song of the moment - Celebrating the longest homestand of the season

Survey of the Moment