The unofficial home of "Neil and the Rushmore Four"!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Current Weather & Forecast (plan your gameday!)

Friday, April 20, 2007

A sad notice

My friend Myron, who was an usher the past two seasons at R.F.K. just sent me an email this morning alerting me to some very sad news.

He received an email from someone he used to work with there, informing him of the tragic death of an usher over the weekend, a fellow known to him only as Lawrence. Lawrence was an usher in the 200 and 300 levels near section 126-127. He was killed in a hit and run accident about a block from his house last Saturday night.

I regret that I don't know more details at this moment, especially Lawrence's full name, but I'll try to find out and report back.

For many season ticket holders and stadium regulars, the ushers are not faceless entities who exist merely to check your tickets in the seating area, they are friendly fixtures who become very well-known to the people in their sections, and all the ones I've met (a handful at best) are wonderful ambassadors for the team, courteous and polite despite having to deal with the occasional drunk and/or unruly fan.

I'm sure that all of us wish his family the best during this sad and difficult time.

No comments:

Song of the moment - Celebrating the longest homestand of the season

Survey of the Moment