The unofficial home of "Neil and the Rushmore Four"!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Current Weather & Forecast (plan your gameday!)

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

All-Star balloting begins

Maybe I just don't pay enough attention to these things, but I noticed this afternoon that All-Star Game balloting has begun.

I don't know enough about how this really works, because it seems to me that, if you're going to vote THIS early, then you're really basing your votes on how the player did last year, unless their 2007 is off to a roaring start.

For example, Ryan Zimmerman had an awesome 2006 and, in my completely unbiased opinion (whistles innocently to self...) should have been the NL Rookie of the Year. But so far, his 2007 is off to a slow start, which is okay, but not All-Star-team-worthy (but will I still vote for him? Does "Teddy" have a big head?)

And on the other hand, Ryan Church had a disappointing 2006 (given what we've seen of his potential), yet for 2007 so far, he is en fuego! If he keeps this up, all of baseball will take note and he SHOULD be an All-Star. That would be awesome.

I know, I know, it's basically a big popularity contest. I don't mean to denigrate the honorees, hey, if you make the All-Star team you've accomplished a lot, no question, but I have to think that the odds are tilted towards the larger market teams.

Remember, vote early and vote often, both online and at the stadium.

No comments:

Song of the moment - Celebrating the longest homestand of the season

Survey of the Moment